This is the main screen where you can customize the generation of the DTOs, under the image you will find an explanation of every control of the screen.
- EDMX File: EDMX Files available in your Solution. Select the one you want to generate the DTOs from.
- Target Project: Projects available in your Solution. Select the one you want to drop the generated source files.
- Help: Displays the help screen.
- Use project default namespace for DTOs: Indicates if the project default namespace is going to be used for the DTOs.
- Namespace: Shows the namespace that is going to be used for the DTOs. It turns enabled if you uncheck the "Use project default namespace for DTOs" checkbox so you can enter the one you desire.
- Make DTOs Service-Ready: Indicates if the DTOs must be prepared to use in a Service as operation parameters and/or operation result.
- Source File per Class: Indicates that one Source File per Class (DTO) must be generated.
- One Source File: Indicates that only one Source File is going to be used containing all the code generated.
- Source File name: Shows the Source File name that is going to be used. It turns enabled if you select the "One Source File" option.
- Use Key Property in associations: Indicates that Key Properties are going to be used in associations.
- Use Class Types in associations: Indicates that Class Types (DTOs) are going to be used in associations.
- Log process: Logs the generation of DTOs process into a file (ideally if you want to report a bug).
- Source File Custom Header Comment: Indicates if a custom header comment must be placed at the beginning of every source file generated.
- Source File Custom Header Comment text: The custom header comment to be used if the "Source File Custom Header Comment" option is checked (do not place /* or */, they are automatically inserted in the generated code).
- Generate DTOs: Starts the DTOs generation process.
- Cancel: Closes EntitiesToDTOs screen.